Friday 13 March 2015

Summer Scarf Lovin'

Summer is here *sigh*.. again! So I just had to figure out a way to cover my head before the dry wind gets my hair poofy and all over the place. 

My latest obsession is the head scarf. Yes, I know it looks daunting but trust me, sometimes, a scarf is all it takes to make a style statement. The trick is to select the right scarf and tie it up as neatly as possible. Choose to look cool, bold, glamorous or chic simply by tying a scarf differently. 

By the way, here's a tip for my Mumbai folks: stock up on Aztec prints from Bandra's Linking Road. There are some great one of a kind finds out there...
Oh, and to the girls from everywhere else, let me know where you get yours!

As I was saying, check out these hip looks that you can try with the Head Scarves.


I'm still trying to do them all. But here's a simple DIY Head Scarves guide will have you tying like a pro in no time. As a beginner, try these 3 super chic styles:

 The Naughty-Nautical wrap:

Fold a light flowy scarf horizontally to make a band that's around 3-4 inches wide.
Center the scarf at nape of neck, cover your ears and then tie a knot just above center of your forehead. I like adding one more knot to enhance the look.
Take the loose ends behind and tuck it in to get the layered look.
This style is perfect for the pool party or for simply hitting the beach!


The Twisty-Turban Wrap:

Center the scarf on your head.
Cross the ends at the back of your head and bring the sides over the ears.
Bring the ends above center of your forehead and twist it once.
Now tuck in both the loose ends together on just one side (start tucking from one year to the nape of your neck and then to your other ear) Then leave the end loose.
This style is sported by most celebs for a glamorous evening look, and is one of my personal faves! Adorning it with a glittering broach in the centre.


The Bow- Me Wrap:

I love this look and so will you, once you try it for yourself.

Take a small square scarf and fold it diagonally to form a triangle.
Center it at the nape of the neck and then pull it over the ears bringing it just above the forehead.
Double knot the ends and then slightly tuck in the ends below the band on your head to create a puffy bow.

Your girlfriends will love you in this new look. It’s best for the playful events and outings with close buddies.


My favorite TV show is starting in about 5 mins so I gotta run! Send me selfies once you try them out. 
Comment below or tweet to @Thandi_Baat 
Ciao! 

*I claim no credit or ownership for images posted on this blog post. If you find an image appearing here that belongs to you and you do not wish for it to appear here, email me with a link to the image and it will be removed ASAP.

No comments :

Post a Comment